Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

BJD Addict Prompt 1: The Wait

Prompt 1: The Wait

What do I do during the wait to make it pass more quickly?

Well I've only really waited on one doll, Seraphina, My Dollzone Rosemary. My other doll Lily, A Doll Leaves Fay was in stock and shipped to me as soon as I ordered it. So I don't have much experience with The Wait yet. I can tell you the things that I plan to do when I order my next doll, which will most certainly be a waiting game for me.

  • I look up clothes and props that I'd like to buy for them first, and buy them over the coarse of the wait if I can (If not I'll buy them when the doll eventually finally makes it to me). 
  • I Look up faceup artists, find the one who will have the style that I want for my doll once they arrive, and start to save up money to send them to them. When the doll finally ships I'll likely apply for a slot with the artist then.
  • I think of photo's I'd like to take, and how I want to have the doll placed in my room when I'm not playing with her. 
  • Then I try to put the doll out of my mind, sort of try to forget I ordered them at all. Otherwise I fear the wait will become unbearable, Seraphina's was very difficult for me, and I may be unable to stay sane.
  • Once shipping notice has been given I'm sure all of this careful preparation and planning will all go down the drain and I will, in fact, check the tracking number every hour on the hour for the next however long it takes for the doll to get to me. I wish I were kidding, but I'm not. 
So that is what I believe I would do on the wait, what I've done in the past and what I plan to do in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment