Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

NaNo Update

I've been slack on updating this blog lately due to Nano and the intense strain its putting on my brain. I didn't realize it at first, but this is mentally exhausting! Combined with all that I usually do it has been putting me in bed earlier than I've gone to bed in a very long time.

So to recap where I am, what has happened and what continues to happen. We have now reached the half way point of NaNoWriMo, We have reached the peak and are on our way back down the metaphorical mountain. Yes! As much as I'm loving NaNo, I couldn't be happier that it's halfway over.

One of the things I've decided is to shoot passed the 50k goal, and instead aim for 70k! Its not much of an over achievement but to me, a first time NaNo participant, it was a very difficult decision, and yesterday I hit my halfway mark at 35k! I'm right on track. What I have noticed, however, is that I have a lot more words to write, and not much novel left! I've nearly completed the second arc and am at least two/thirds of the way to the finish line!

I have a feeling first edit will come sooner than expected, and scenes will be beefed up in places so that I can meet my mark. I've become much more detailed over the past few chapters than I was when I first began, and I think it shows my growth as a writer, and the ever increasing strain on meeting word count while still inching forward in my plot.

That's it for now! I'll post more updates periodically during Nano, and I should be updating much more as soon as it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment