Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Azura's BJD Prompts #3: Doll Cosplay

What are your thoughts on Doll Cosplay? Is it a fun thing to do or do you find it un-creative?


I've seen quite a few Doll cosplays lately and I love them! But I could see how some people could find them not very inspiring since they are made to look like existing characters. I think the amount of effort that goes into a doll cosplay is amazing and I applaud those who have the time and patience to complete them!

But enough about what I think, what do you think? Post your response in the comment section!

3 comments:

  1. While a doll that is a 'full time' cosplay (eg: the doll is the character) is not my thing, I definitely understand the appeal. My dolls all have their standard personality, but I delight in dressing them up as characters for themed meetups. My favorite that I've done was Phantom of the Opera in his Mask of the Red Death costume from the modern movie. I put a lot of work into sculpting the mask, replicating the costume, and making sure that epic long train was in scale. I've also done a tiny Cheshire Cat, Ponyo and her father, a Jellyfish, and have plans for a Ceil Phantomhive and a Dr Tachyon (points for anyone who gets the last reference). In other words, I love any excuse to dress up me or my dolls and make new clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those all sound really cool! I think maybe dressing up my dolls as pre-existing characters would be fun to do sometimes.

      Delete
  2. I have a lot of admiration for the people who decides to make their doll into one character. I think the work that is done is often amazing and the dolls are stunning ! However I do think it is a lil boring. I do not have the same feeling towards these dolls, because they don't have anything that I don't know about, or that'll surprise me. I also feel like they are kinda awkward with other dolls since theyre not from the same worlds or anything. I love seeing doll cosplay, though, but I prefer them being part time things. As an example, my friend' doll is a cosplayer, so it's part of its character. I think it's more interesting this way.

    ReplyDelete